By Ashok K Banker
Genre: Historical Fiction
HOT
The Book Club Rating : 3 Stars
Forewarned by a prophecy, the demonic King Kamsa orders every newborn to be put to the sword. But even in the womb, the unborn Krishna uses powerful magic to cast a spell across the entire kingdom on the night of his birth. The stage is set for the epic clash of the childgod and the terrible forces of evil with the birth of Krishna, the slayer of Kamsa ...
The fantastic adventures of the Hindu god Krishna have entertained and inspired people for millennia. Playful cowherd, mischievous lover, feared demon-slayer the legendary exploits of this super-being in human form rival the most rousing fantasy epics. Now, the author of the Ramayana Series®, the hugely successful epic retelling of the ancient Sanskrit poem, works his magic once again with the tales of Krishna. All the pomp, splendour and majesty of ancient India come alive in this extraordinary eight-book series
The fantastic adventures of the Hindu god Krishna have entertained and inspired people for millennia. Playful cowherd, mischievous lover, feared demon-slayer the legendary exploits of this super-being in human form rival the most rousing fantasy epics. Now, the author of the Ramayana Series®, the hugely successful epic retelling of the ancient Sanskrit poem, works his magic once again with the tales of Krishna. All the pomp, splendour and majesty of ancient India come alive in this extraordinary eight-book series
Buy at: Amazon.com
This is the first of the 8-book Krishna Coriolis Series by Ashok K Banker, who is also the author of the 7-part Ramayana Series. I had been wanting to read Mr. Banker’s books since a long time and finally managed to order Slayer of Kamsa and Prince of Ayodhya (Book 1 of Ramayana Series) from Flipkart. That’s been a while and it took me more than a month to complete Slayer of Kamsa since the day I began to read it. Read on to find out why…...
Being fonder of Lord Krishna and his miracles than of Lord Rama and his tough life in the forest, I started with Slayer of Kamsa. The book has been written after a lot of research and the author obviously has visualized the scenes of yore extremely well. The narration is excellent and the language is superb.
I have heard of lot of stories of Lord Krishna as a baby, as a young man, as an adult, as a king and even of his death from my grandfather and my mother. I have read a lot of stories about Him too. I was very keen to read Mr. Banker’s works as I kept reading about them on the internet.
Once I began reading Slayer of Kamsa, I found it mighty heavy going. What I had expected was – I don’t know by what right, but then I did have expectations – to read a lot about Lord Krishna, the slayer of Kamsa. About 9/10 of the book is about Kamsa. It’s fair enough that the author was keen to set the right background about the kind of villain and rakshasa Kamsa was and why it was necessary for Lord Vishnu Himself to incarnate on this earth to do away with the demon.
Being fonder of Lord Krishna and his miracles than of Lord Rama and his tough life in the forest, I started with Slayer of Kamsa. The book has been written after a lot of research and the author obviously has visualized the scenes of yore extremely well. The narration is excellent and the language is superb.
I have heard of lot of stories of Lord Krishna as a baby, as a young man, as an adult, as a king and even of his death from my grandfather and my mother. I have read a lot of stories about Him too. I was very keen to read Mr. Banker’s works as I kept reading about them on the internet.
Once I began reading Slayer of Kamsa, I found it mighty heavy going. What I had expected was – I don’t know by what right, but then I did have expectations – to read a lot about Lord Krishna, the slayer of Kamsa. About 9/10 of the book is about Kamsa. It’s fair enough that the author was keen to set the right background about the kind of villain and rakshasa Kamsa was and why it was necessary for Lord Vishnu Himself to incarnate on this earth to do away with the demon.
Publisher: Harper Collins India (November 1, 2010)

No comments:
Post a Comment