By Amish Tripathi
Genre: MythologySCORCHING
The Book Club Rating : 4 Stars
ONLY A GOD CAN STOP IT.
Shiva is gathering his forces. He reaches the Naga capital, Panchavati, and Evil is finally revealed. The Neelkanth prepares for a holy war against his true enemy, a man whose name instils dread in the fiercest of warriors.
India convulses under the onslaught of a series of brutal battles. It's a war for the very soul of the nation. Many will die. But Shiva must not fail, no matter what the cost. In his desperation, he reaches out to the ones who have never offered any help to him: the Vayuputras.
Will he succeed? And what will be the real cost of battling Evil? To India? And to Shiva's soul?
Discover the answer to these mysteries in this concluding part of the bestselling Shiva Trilogy
Shiva is gathering his forces. He reaches the Naga capital, Panchavati, and Evil is finally revealed. The Neelkanth prepares for a holy war against his true enemy, a man whose name instils dread in the fiercest of warriors.
India convulses under the onslaught of a series of brutal battles. It's a war for the very soul of the nation. Many will die. But Shiva must not fail, no matter what the cost. In his desperation, he reaches out to the ones who have never offered any help to him: the Vayuputras.
Will he succeed? And what will be the real cost of battling Evil? To India? And to Shiva's soul?
Discover the answer to these mysteries in this concluding part of the bestselling Shiva Trilogy
Buy at: Amazon.in
I had bought the book about 45 days ago. I started reading it almost immediately. To begin with, it took me a while to recall the characters – apart from Shiva and his family, of course – and get my teeth into the book.
It was mighty slow going as the story turned out to be quite lethargic. I had not quite expected this considering that I almost rushed through reading The Immortals of Meluha and The Secret of the Nagas.
The first two books were too interesting and absorbing for words. I had to read the first few chapters of The Oath of the Vayuputras over a few weeks. Then the magic unfolded suddenly. The story got back on track and became appealing once again.
From that point on, the book moved fast and despite the blood and gore of war, I was hooked to the book till the end. Congratulations Amish! You have made history. Truly amazing work - The Shiva Trilogy!
The Lament of the Blue Lord is the chapter that truly touched my heart. I love you Shiva!
It was mighty slow going as the story turned out to be quite lethargic. I had not quite expected this considering that I almost rushed through reading The Immortals of Meluha and The Secret of the Nagas.
The first two books were too interesting and absorbing for words. I had to read the first few chapters of The Oath of the Vayuputras over a few weeks. Then the magic unfolded suddenly. The story got back on track and became appealing once again.
From that point on, the book moved fast and despite the blood and gore of war, I was hooked to the book till the end. Congratulations Amish! You have made history. Truly amazing work - The Shiva Trilogy!
The Lament of the Blue Lord is the chapter that truly touched my heart. I love you Shiva!
Publisher: Westland (13 August 2013)

No comments:
Post a Comment